Thanks to the technology of Greenstand’s TreeTracker app, Trees That Feed Foundation can see the trees our beneficiaries are planting from afar. It enables us to engage further with our farmers and help them keep their trees alive. It also helps us provide accountability to our donors. We are all witnesses to the work underway.
It is best to use a laptop to view the map. Click on a number to zoom in until you see an individual tree. Not only do we see the tree’s exact location and type, but we can also view the name and photo of the grower. We can contact him or her via email or WhatsApp to talk about the tree’s care or the suitability of the location.
If you are a recipient of our fruit trees, we would love for you to track them using your phone.
Here is how it works:
- Download the free app TreeTracker by Greenstand from the Google Play Store. (It is also available from Apple, but our detailed instructions below are based on Android.)
- Make sure you have the GPS or location services turned on in Settings.
- Enter your name, phone number, and organization name “TTFF”.
- Take a selfie.
- Go to the tree that you want to photograph and stand as close as you can to take a picture of the whole tree. (For large trees, don’t stand more than 5 feet away and include as much of the tree as you can.)
- Take the photo and continue taking photos of all the trees you planted.
- When you get to a location that has internet, upload your photos.
Here are more detailed instructions.
Contact us if you have any questions about using the TreeTracker app.